NBPEI MAJOR U18 HOCKEY LEAGUE GAME TIME PROTOCOL
- At game time minus 30 minutes the game clock will be set at 15 minutes and
begin counting down toward zero. Simultaneously the horn will be sounded.
Players are eligible to enter the ice when the clock begins its countdown and the
horn sounds but not before.
- When two minutes remain in the Pre-Game Warm-up, the horn will be sounded
indicating that all players except those four players assigned to retrieve pucks
have one minute of Warm-up time remaining.
- When 1 minute remains in the Pre-Game Warm-up, the horn will be sounded to
signal the expiration of the Pre Game Warm-up. All players except those assigned
to retrieve pucks will have vacated the ice.
- When the horn sounds to signal the expiration of the Pre Game Warm-up, the four
players assigned to retrieve pucks will have vacated the ice.
- At Game time minus 15 minutes, the clock will immediately be reset for 15
minutes and begin its Flood countdown.
- At game time minus 2 minutes, the horn will sound to alert players to prepare to
enter the ice.
- At game time minus 1 minute, players may enter the ice and bench to prepare for
the opening ceremony and face off.
- Each period intermission will be 15 minutes duration and as soon as players have
vacated the ice, the clock will be set for 15 minutes and begin its countdown.
- With 2 minutes remaining in the intermission, the horn will be sounded to alert
players to return to the ice.
NBPEI Major U18 Hockey League